Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

playground milestone

So I don't tend to think of myself as a panicky mom when it comes to Claire getting hurt- what I mean is I know she is going to fall and get some scrapes and bruises and I know I can't protect from eating dirt. However I may have waited a bit to long to let Claire do something at the playground...

Today she went down the big twisty tunnel slide by herself!! To me this is a big milestone. I haven't let her go down them so far b/c I was afraid she would get stuck and I would have to get her and I don't like those slides. However, considering how much fun she had and the squealing that occurred- I should have sucked it up and let her do it before now!! She loved it and I loved listening to her laugh and enjoy it.

It's also a big milestone for me b/c once again it is one of those reminders that she is growing and now as a toddler is NOT a baby anymore which I think every mother misses. While I am loving each stage and enjoying each stage I still miss the ones that have passed.

I know some of you will read this and think "well that just means you're ready for the next one"- and I have thought of that but not quite yet. I want her to follow basic instructions better and we would love more space. ( I will be happy if we decide to stay in the apt for another year if we need to- but having more space would make having another baby a lot easier too!).

Anyway, we had lots of fun at the playground today and can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

  1. I agree on the space issue for having a second baby. I'm still not sure how we're going to fit baby stuff in this little house but we'll make it work. Luckily for us, Lexi loves to help and is starting to listen better so I'm not so worried about that. Claire will get there soon, they develop so quick at this age!

    ReplyDelete