Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Claire walked with help!

So last night Claire started walking with her pushcart toy!!!! Up until then she hadn't really shown signs of wanting to move by walking but last night she grabbed that handle and was off!! I don't want to rush walking, but it is very exciting! She can push it all over until she runs into something which means I then have to run over and move her and the cart around so she has a straigtaway again!! She is 10 3/4 month old.

We also had a lovely visit with some of Brocks family last night. Dean and Barb are actually Brock's second cousins I think (his dad's first cousin). THey are on thier way to Florida. It was lovely to see them, we learned some more about the family tree (Brock has started a hobby- Praise the Lord!- of working on his family tree- I like this because it gives him something to do in the evenings after Claire goes to sleep so we can both be working on different things and yet still be in the same room while not being in each others way!). Anyway... Barb knows a bit about the family history so Brock got to add several people to his tree.

In other exciting yet still frustrating news... I am down 12 pounds.... but most of my clothes still dont fit right. I am glad about the 12 pounds but its still so frustrating when I all I want is a basic sweater to wear to the grocery store and yet I still just look fat! I dont' even look pregnant which would be fine (I would rather have people think i look pregnant than just fat!). I am doing well at excercising, I did my hour of kickboxing this morning. I have to keep working on portion sizes and dessert/sugars. I know it will take time and I want it to be a lifestyle change which also takes more time than a "DIET" but still... I want to put on a sweater and not look in the mirror and be disgusted.

Today is grocery shopping day and I don't have much on my list b/c I am hoping to make mostly pantry meals as we are getting too close on our budget. I do couponing but am still not seeing the major savings I would like. So anyone with tips on saving on groceries please pass them on to me!

God Bless,
Lottie