Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Lemon no bake creamy cheesecake

I forgot I was going to post the super easy cheesecake recipe-

18 graham crackers- finely crushed (about 2 3/4 cups) Or cheat like me and just use a graham cracker crust from the store (I had gotten one on clearance otherwise I would grind up my own crust)

to make the crust- mix the crackers with 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar.

Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick spray and press half the crust mix in, refrigerate 1 hour.

While that is working make the filling:
1 (8oz) package lite cream cheese- softened
2 cups milke (I used 1% and it was fine)
1 (3.4 oz) package instant lemon pudding ---- now notice the 3.4 oz size becuase I didn't and only got the 1 oz size and had to use regular vanilla to make up the difference- which means i can only imagine how lemony and yummy it would have been with all lemon! I also used the sugar free version which makes this dessert really not all that bad.

blend the cream cheese and 1/2 cup milk until no clumps then add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of milk and the pudding mix, beat 1-2 min until smooth and it thickens a bit.

pour pudding mixture over crust and sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs. refrigerate at least 3 hours or until set.


Now as I stated, you can use lite cream cheese, milk and sugar free instant pudding to cut calories. also you don't have to sprinkle the remaining on the top and really you probably don't have to add sugar to the crust either- just depends on how sweet you want it.

It was super easy and very yummy! Enjoy!