Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Lazy Friday

So no post yesterday b/c I just didn't have the time. I did do the grocery shopping but also spent a bit of time organizing a home binder. Others have a done a great job of putting together a home management binder- with everything needed to run their homes and while mine is not much compared to what they have done I am trying to work on it. It is a basically a place to compile all the things needed in your home. Mine has mostly articles and clippings I have found, and some recipes. So in mine I have stuff like- diet plans/exercises, holiday ideas, home decor, baby articles.

I pulled most of the recipes out though and am going to keep them in an accordion file b/c I was getting too many. I clip them from magazines or any that I print. I have decided I need to start really trying new menu items. One (of the MANY!) goals of staying home was to become a better cook. Thus my goal is at least one new recipe a week. So last night instead of plan turkey chili, I made chili pie- its basically the chili with cornbread mix on top then baked. It was ok except I forgot the beans (Brock was ok with that though as he isn't a big fan of beans but I was very disappointed!). Also, I was using shredded turkey and I really think it would have been better with hamburger as the recipe called for. I also made a super easy no bake cheesecake which I will list at the bottom of this post.

So anyway, between grocery's and organizing yesterday I didn't find time for this. Today is truly a lazy Friday. Brock is working the late shift- 11-8. So we had a lazy morning, blueberry pancakes, I got a few things done while he played with Claire and now he is at work, she is still napping and I had time to have a cup of tea. It is perfect tea weather too- it's cold and rainy.

OH, big news (and I will post more about this later) but I am "getting healthy" (I don't want to say diet b/c this is a a lifestyle change) but anyway, I hit the 10 pound mark!!! It took one month but I lost the first 10 pounds. My goal is between 50-60. When I hit 50 I will be happy but 60 is like the ultimate goal.

Well, I want to crochet a bit before Claire wakes up from her nap so have a lovely Friday everyone,

God Bless,
Lottie