Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wacky Wednesday?

No it wasn't really wacky but Claire did not want to sleep as she normally does- although she is finally down for her afternoon nap. Wednesay's are coupon/getting ready day. It takes me a while to get my lists done and it is impossible with her awake (b/c she wants to grab at the coupons!). I start by going to thegrocerygame.com and southernsavers.com to print a list of what's on sale (these both match what is on sale with the coupons from the paper). You have to pay for the grocery game and I did actually just cancel my subscription because southernsavers does it free. The format of thegrocerygame is easier but they don't match the new dates for the penny item at Publix so it isn't really useful. The penny item is a deal at publix- on thursday (or some wednesday's depending on where you live) if you spend 10$ before coupons you get a special deal for a penny. For example this week its sugar so I will buy 10 dollars worth BEFORE coupons and get sugar for a penny. Since this deal is only available that is why I go grocery shopping on Thursdays. Anyway, after I print the lists of coupon/sales then I make my menu for the week (based if I can on what's on sale). I then pull out my coupons and get everything ready. I will post more on coupons later- such as how I organize them. For me this takes most of the day b/c as I said I can only do it when Claire is napping.

In other news- we walked today. By that I mean I pushed Claire around and up all the huge hills in our apartment complex. The hills here are huge and it is a full workout to walk them all. I also just picked up and am about to go get ready for church.

Also, funny Claire story- so most moms have a cabinet of tupperware for thier babies. Claire of course has one and she likes it- in fact she likes it so much that today she climbed IN the cupboard! It was really funny (unfortunatly the camera didn't work so I didn't get a picture) but it was great. She just looked at me like "what is so funny mommy?"!

God Bless,
Lottie